AT HOME • TEST What to do
Home management of COVID-19
This is a recommendation only which is not to substitute a consultation with a medical professional.
Can only be used for adults with mild symptoms = adults WITHOUT clinical signs of pneumonia (fever >37.5 C, persistent cough, any breathing difficulty, fast breathing >15breaths/min, fast heart beat >100/min).
- muscle pain and fever can be managed by antipyretics such as paracetamol 2tbl of 500mg taken at once up to 4times a day (daily maximum) OR non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen 400mg up to 3times a day
- dry cough (you cannot bring anything up) can be controlled by Levopront 60mg tbl (1 tbl to be taken 3times a day), occasionally Codein (prescription only medicine)
- productive cough (you produce phlegm in your airways) can be managed by ACC long eff tablets (once a day) or Erdomed sachets (1-3 a day)
- adequate nutrition and appropriate rehydration (2-3l a day) is also crucial
- we are also quite keen on recommending vitamins (healthy patients without any kidney/endocrinology conditions) – vitamin C 1000mg daily + vitamin D 1000IU daily (these are especially needed in Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) + Zinc
Kindly see more information here.